Maternity Cover - Senior Manager, Customer Fulfilment (6 Months Contract)
Manage major Customer fulfilment projects & initiatives and provide subject matter expertise in Warehouse Management systems and fulfilment process design participating in the IT re-platform opportunity. Lead design thinking and Project Manage customer fulfilment projects resulting from re-plat forming opportunity, to ensure all parties are executing plan on time and budget.
Project Manager e.g. Re-locating Asia Hub
Prepare, hold and chair weekly project meetings with project team – weekly in HK and also weekly meetings in Europe.
Work with Supply Chain Strategy team and IT to ensure cut over plan actions are fully identified and co-ordinated within a cut-over plan and facilitate required weekly cutover planning meetings to ensure smooth cut over. Agree any mitigation cut over tasks to ensure smooth Asia delivery
Identify appropriate resources needed and agree individual responsibilities internal Burberry project teams: Fulfilment / transportation / Supply Chain planning / Legal / Finance / Beauty teams /Customer operations /APP etc
Work with external partners: service provider and landlord to agree plan activities /ownership and dates & co-ordinate updates with weekly meeting on-site & feed into weekly HK meeting
Prepare executive summary reviews and senior management briefings on the weekly project status & for Steering Committees.
Escalate risks and any project slippage to the Customer Fulfilment Director and Customer Fulfilment SVP; actively work to minimise and reduce project risk.
Enable Burberry sign off of internal DC design undertaken by 3PL with key stakeholders (Burberry Logistics operations /Burberry APP insurance and loads prevention)
Work with Service Provider and Burberry commercial Procurement team on the mini tendering to facilitate the Service tender negotiation.
Work with Legal to ensure service provider contract / contract additions in place for the new operation in Italy/HK.
With the Service provider & Burberry commercial Procurement to ensure procurement /design /build and delivery /assembly and commissioning as part of project plan are in place (e.g. 3PL IT requirements)
Work with Burberry IT to ensure all system connectivity and hardware requirements are met, including transfer of existing infrastructure and hardware
Work with Burberry Risk Management to ensure compliance and fire protection design sign off
Work with Burberry APP team (Loss Prevention) to ensure security equipment’s meet requirements and within budget
Ensure smooth start-up of new operations & hand over to operational teams
Re-instatement on the previous location
Ensure the transition on inventory has no operating interupt
- Minimum University degree level in appropriate subject – Logistics Master’s Degree highly recommended
- Strong familiarity with MS Project
- SAP WMS Knowledge is desirable.
- Excellent Excel Knowledge.
- Certifications in Prince 2 methodology useful.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a flexible team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Confident and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Adaptable and use to working in a busy team environment.
- 5 years proven track record and work experience in leading Projects, evidence of strong Project Manager track record and experience
- Strong background in solution design in the Customer fulfilment/ logistics space
- Experience in working in similar projects would be very helpful
- Experience with complex cut-over projects to ensure minimum business interruption
- Detailed work in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Work for international organisations/companies on large project deliverables, global experience with European, US and Asia teams preferable