Quality Assurance Manager
"The TJX Companies, Inc. (www.tjx.com) is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. 89 in the 2016 Fortune 500 listings, with $30.9 billion in revenues in 2015*, more than 3,600 stores in 9 countries, 3 e-commerce sites, and approximately 216,000 Associates. We operate T.J. Maxx and Marshalls (combined, The Marmaxx Group), HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com, in the United States; Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls (combined, TJX Canada) in Canada; and T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K., and Trade Secret in Australia (combined, TJX International).
We see ourselves as a global, off-price, value retailer and our mission is to deliver great value to our customers through the combination of brand, fashion, price, and quality. We offer a rapidly changing assortment of brand name and designer merchandise at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. With our value proposition and exciting treasure-hunt shopping experience, we believe that our demographic reach is among the widest in retail. We attract a broad range of fashion and value conscious customers across many income levels and demographic groups."
Establishes and implements quality assurance policies and procedures. Defines quality measures in conjunction with staff.
Ensures that product meets international, legislative and legal standards. Keeps abreast of new and changing legislation.
Develops the framework for Inspection and audit process including reports and forms. Ensures the collection and completion of data for reports is accurate, quantifiable and detailed.
Analyze reports to identify areas for improvement in the quality system. Provides recommendations based on analysis. Leads the team through improvements.
Develops, recommends and monitors corrective and preventative actions for Factories.
Works closely and provides technical support with Sourcing and Logistics Teams to onboard/educate all Vendors/Factories with regard to TJX standards. Maintains strong relationship with third party providers.
Effectively manages the scheduling of Production Monitoring, In Line and Final Inspection, as well as ensuring timely and accurate reports. Closely monitor production schedules for assigned categories.
Manages staff and develops them for future growth within the department and organization. Coaches staff on performance and professional development issues. Motivates staff to achieve efficiency and productivity.
Conducts performance appraisals, interviews and discipline/documentation as needed.
- Strong language skills (English, Cantonese, Mandarin). Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of industry standards for QA/QC, Legal, Labeling, Testing and Social Compliance requirements Technical knowledge of product, construction, manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and production process in China and greater Asia
- Working in 3rd party inspection company or with lab experience
- US market experience is a must and knowledge of the Retail landscape
- Ability to manage diverse Teams and Product Lines
- Strong leadership, management skills, interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish necessary partnerships, regardless of level, to achieve business goals
- Strong relationship and understanding of sourcing and operations
- Should be self-directed, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects and manage to a Time & Action Calendar
- Ability to travel frequently a must