Quality Director (General Apparel)
Quality Director - General Apparel
* Expert focus and drive for Technical, Quality Assurance & Control, Production and Finishing in the Apparel sector.
* Manage all QA/QC apparel related activities for all product categories (apparel, intimate, footwear and accessories).
* Manage the product fitting with the team and work closely with Merchandising, Compliance and HK Quality.
* Give technical support to the team as well as vendors and manage training when needed.
* Monitor Vendor's performance and track the KPI and prepare reports for internal and external actions.
* Conduct factory evaluations (new and current factories) and manage and maintain strong relationships with clients & vendors on regular basis.
* Initial frequent travelling to vendors/suppliers across the vendor matrix.
* Diagnose production and quality problems, finished goods with vendors and QA / technical team to provide solution to resolve problems.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum 10 years of experiences in QC/QA of broad range of apparel categories as mentioned above.
* Effective and inspiring leaders, with cultural sensitivity who has previously managed global teams.
* EU market exposure highly advantageous. Good knowledge in factory safety and apparel safety requirements for EU market.
* Willing to travel regionally (China and off-shore)
* Technically strong in product engineering & quality standards.
* Business acumen, strategic mindset as well as able to give a hands-on approach when needed.
* Must have English, Cantonese or Mandarin language proficiency.
* Higher preference to candidates based in HK