Assistant Merchandising Manager
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Assist Merchandising Manager (AMM) to supervise, coach and manage the merchandising team assigned to her or him.
- Lead the team in all aspects of planning, production projects, sampling, quality, delivery, company strategy (KPI, vendor consolidation) and initiatives in efficient, accurate and timely manner.Key Result Areas:
- Coordinate with all related stake holders to ensure a proper and efficient work flow of Production planning and controlling.
- To be accountable for bulk production execution and all planning related projects as well as delivery performance in a timely manner.
- Support to negotiate and validate vendor capacity and align buy forecast with vendor planning team.
- Attend line review meetings (by zoom if needed), coordinate with sourcing team to ensure developed products can meet customers quality and requirements. Provide alerts for potential issues and give advice for product improvement.
- Work closely with vendors, buyers and other relevant divisions to ensure a smooth flow of information and communication. Ensure the schedule of each activities are respected.
- To work collaboratively with Quality Assurance Department, Garment Technician Team, Color Team and Material Supply Team to support for identifying root causes and work for resolution for the quality issue and production issue resolutions proactively.
- Work closely with Product Stewardship team to ensure the product meet global standard, including testing and labelling.
- Work closely with Logistic team to ensure smooth shipment with accurate document submitted by vendor in timely manner.
- Monitor VFA Sourcing's performance and vendors individual performance in terms of on time deliveries, product quality and compliance status.
- Review any operational issues and report to immediately supervisors with possible solutions.
- Ensure team work smoothly with vendors on the buy execution and resolve any issues.
- Help negotiate surcharge with vendors to ensure price target are met.
- Inform business counterparts promptly in case of problems and work out solutions with vendors in a timely manner.
- Assist to negotiate quality claims and other related issues with vendors.
- Factory visits and onsite production tracking at factories to ensure all production and delivery activities are on track.
- Monitoring the social compliance status of Factories and support the RS team in follow up of CAP.Competencies (Behavioral) :
- Continuous Improvement
- Info Monitoring
- Planning & Organizing
- Customer Focus
- Building Partnerships
- Driving for results
- Continuous LearningFunctional behaviors
Lead the change
- Guides and develops the team in times of uncertainty
- Be highly sensitive to the changes in market, business and customer. Takes actions and equips the team to respond to changes actively
- Understands the implications of various risks brought by the changes ahead, implements actions to manage those risks.Business Excellence
- Acts like an owner of the business, takes full ownership for the achievement of excellent, immediate-term results
- Demonstrates independence in handling complex business situations that involves multiple stakeholders and regions
- Shows courage to make difficult decisions even if they may be unpopular
- Challenges the status quo and optimizes functional processes, adopts innovative ideas to create better
- A good team player and support the teammates with an aim to ensure efficient and productive daily operations.