Assistant Regional Merchandising Manager, Lifestyle Footwear
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Assistant Regional Merchandising Manager, Lifestyle Footwear
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-5PII20770 / Global Level 5
BRAND/ FUNCTION: Vans
LOCATION: Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Regional Merchandising Manager. Lifestyle Footwear
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
The Assistant Regional Merchandising manager is responsible for overseeing Classics + Footwear category to build and drive progression footwear business for APAC region as well as supporting Kids Footwear category in conjunction with Regional Merchandising Manager. And he/she supports Regional Merchandising manager in organizing Classics, Classics+ and Kids footwear business strategies and driving Go-To-Market process to optimize profit and meet financial and company growth objectives.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Product Line Planning/Merchandising
- Manage Classics+ Footwear category & Kids Classics Footwear Category line planning, pricing and product creation process for a complete category, inclusive of silhouette/style/color plan, monthly assortment flow, retail pricing strategies and margin targets.
- Partner closely with the Global Category Managers during product line meetings to ensure needs of APAC are met, from key product innovations, design & color trends, pricing structure etc to drive business from optimized product merchandising perspective.
- Work closely with Country Footwear Teams and DTC Footwear Buyers to balance Classics+ & Kids Classics Footwear assortment across and to identify product gaps, to initiate & develop regional product initiatives for Asia Pacific markets, in line additions, OMU/SMUs.
- Support and contribute to OMU/SMU planning and execution across Classics, Classics+ and Kids footwear Category.
- Support monitoring product financials (Retail price, margin, SKU count, product efficiency, category performance, etc) APAC trend research & Analysis (focusing on China and Korea)
- Research marketplace, analyze product, consumer and competitive trends in conjunction with the local market teams. Apply advanced understanding of the product, delivery and pricing needs of consumers, key markets, and channels to improve category range and growth opportunities.
- Support building APAC footwear product briefs on a seasonal basis, consolidating information and clearly communicating regional priories to Global Product teams
- Analyze historical data, inclusive of bookings & sell thru to provide insights to sales and product trends, i.e. best sellers, pricing comparisons, and product categories, channel, age/gender, etc to influence global and regional line developments. (Sell-thru Analysis: Monthly and Seasonal basis) Communication & Presentation
Be a pivotal role in managing communication with Global as well as Country teams
- Build compelling cases to influence Global to meet APAC needs
- Articulate Global strategies and directions for the Country teams to digest and execute (vice versa)
- Be an expert on presenting the Category line plan as well as Go-To-Market Plans
- Prepare and present Category merchandising tools (ILR&FLR) to Country teams and Key partners.
- Prepare and present Go-To-Market tools internally and externally (Direct markets and Distributors)Product training sessions to external trade partners, Licensees & Distributors, and within internal staff if needed.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Competency requirements: Building partnerships, communication, information monitoring, planning and organization, customer focus, continuous improvement
- Skills: Microsoft- especially in Excel and Power Point / FlexPLM experience is a plus.
- Experiences: Proven Experience as a category owner or a similar role (Regional Experience, and or Footwear is a plus)
- Language Proficiency: Fluent in English added proficiency in Mandarin, and or Cantonese is a plus.
- Specific Working Condition :
- Frequency of Travel: Willingness to travel extensively through the region and to the USA on an ongoing basis.
- Other Specific Working Conditions: Bend, lift, open and move product depending on needWHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .