The R Collective is a social impact upcycled fashion brand with a mission to create beautiful clothes using waste materials, based in Hong Kong. We boldly pair creativity, courage and conviction to divert waste from landfill and incineration and into wardrobes.
We believe in minimising waste by challenging the way fashion is made and we collaborate with award-winning sustainable designers from around the world to create unique upcycled collections, which complement our in-house Main Collections.
We are proud of our dedicated, creative and friendly team who are committed to providing sustainable fashion products and we are looking for new members who share the same vision. We all work from a fun and vibrant co-working space in Kennedy Town.
Reports to: Creative Director
Dotted line to Technical Designer Manager
- Assist and take direction from Senior Designer for preliminary design research; pulling fabrics/trims, developing concepts, assembling presentation boards for meetings, preparing mock-ups, colour-ups, and inspirational photos.
- Create and update tech packs, line plan and flat drawings
- Assist with the management of cross-functional communication between design, production, external vendors, and Redress
- Attend fit sessions as needed
- Attend buyer’s meetings as needed
- Assistant CREATIVE DIRECTOR to make sure all wardrobe / accessories are on hand for photo and video shoots
- Assist on production errands
- Prepare wardrobe/accessories and dressing models on set
- Occasional onsite support at The R Collective events
- Support in all logistics and guest invites/RSVPs for one VIP event in HK (trunk show or retailer event with R Collective)
Graphic design (Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator)
Excel / Word
Languages: English, Cantonese & Mandarin