Developer ii - ap Pcc
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : Hong Kong
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it's up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. The Product Development Team leads the creation process, manages product lines, and maintains a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product team members operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether its basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: The Product team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
* The Product Developer coordinates the product creation process from initial concept to commercialization and production for assigned models.
* Leads on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
* Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management as well as Merchandising, and Manufacturing to effectively execute product development goals and deliverables.
* Creates and maintains appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is completed, including product specs, costing and prototype notes.
* Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
* Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
* The Product Developer keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process.
* Engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
* Bachelor degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
* Passionate about apparel development and manufacturing.
* Knowledge of apparel manufacturing, costing and garment fit.
* Ability to read product specs and understand relationships.
* Demonstrated project management and problem solving skills.
* Team player; able to work in an environment with high inter-dependencies between teams and cross-cultural colleagues.
* Staunch believer in continuous self-improvement, leading with empathy, compassion and team-work.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook