Director, Costing, Odas
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Economic and costing trend analysis for top manager meeting presentation
- Key style cost benchmarking against other brands to keep ODAS Brands pricing competitive with an initial focus on TNF Apparel
- Setting costing strategy - Costing process, duty saving, reduce sample SKU/ development cost, work with sourcing to shift country sourcing % to get cheaper labor overhead
- Implementing new costing models such as GSD/SMV and enhancing existing costing models.
- Monitor margin status and develop margin improvement strategy
- Review margin report and give recommendations to the management
- Provide seasonal C/O FOB price comparison, FOB forecast and quarterly mold amortized report
- Provide all related costing information to support functional team's job (GMS team / Innovation / Engineering, finance and Internal Audit team)
- Support with Seasonal update pre-costing and FOB price into Enovia systemManufacturing Cost --- Labor overhead
- Monitor inflation, currency rate, minimum wage, social insurance for all sourcing countries to predict cost trend, sourcing plan reference and control stable product price.
- Define product complexity with Sourcing team and set up seasonal labor / overhead level to eliminate unreasonable labor overhead cost.Team building and others
- Training ODAS Sourcing Merchandising teams and other teams per needed
- Support Sourcing and work with US development team from initial costing to final price.
- Setting cost standards /tools / system --- consumption, process cost
- Create and maintain cost reference data to achieve better prices.
- Build BOM calculators and train Sourcing and US Development teams to "design into cost"
- Benchmarking of core products to remain competitive
- Enterprise thinking to drive the costing excellence cross ODAS first, then cross apparel and whole VF AsiaKey Area of Responsibility:
- Provide leadership support to the team, build talent and capability.
- To manage the costing processes and timeline
- To work closely with HK Sourcing team and US Development team in achieving pre-determined profit margins
- To negotiate with the vendors on cost reductions
- To support the corporation initiatives on cost reduction and discount programsMajor Challenge:
- Lead Costing process transformations, influence stakeholders and drive implementation collaborating with Sourcing merchandising teams.
- Capability to communicate effectively to key stakeholders eg Sourcing, vendors and US office
- To identify cost reduction areas and devise proposals for margin achievement
- Familiar with apparel, back pack and Equipment materials, patterns and yield as well as costing processes.