Director, Retail Operations, Vans Apac
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
As the Director of Vans Retail Operations Asia Pacific (APAC), you will be responsible for leading our field teams, overseeing retail program and project development, and driving the operations of Vans APAC retail stores. In this new role, you will exercise influence and communication to support reorganization of store leadership to align under a centralized model. At Vans our greatest resource is our people, and you are passionate about developing, engaging, and retaining our Family. Additionally, you will seek to elevate consumer engagement, and drive consistency across all countries within the region. Your efforts will strengthen the brand, drive sales and profitability, and ensure an exceptional experience for both consumers and employees in all stores.
As Retail Operations Director, you will become a key player in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and achievement of goals and objectives as defined below:
- Revenue Generation: sustaining growth of the company by providing dynamic and commercially positive business initiatives and integrating the strategic vision with specificities of local markets to drive improvements in processes and standards to achieve operational excellence and business outcomes. Includes: budgets, KPIs, and people metrics.
- Lead, motivate, and develop field leadership and operations teams to ensure they have the right skills and level of empowerment to execute against strategic initiatives. Place a heavy emphasis on elevating talent selection, coaching for performance, and working with the HR team to enhance succession planning.
- Establish the Store Selling and Consumer Engagement Culture: driving a world class customer experience based on brand history and heritage and consumer feedback.Anticipate needs and prepare teams to meet consumer challenges. Operational Excellence: partner with VF Asia organizational development team and country retail operations leaders to build strong sustainable operations capabilities that reflects the brand culture and values which include to anticipate opportunities and risks and develops effective responses and action plans. Innovate practices to evolve store culture and foster stronger employee and consumer experience. Maintain knowledge of current market differences, competitors, and trends to influence innovation and brand positioning. Establish a process for monitoring standards and consistency across the region.
- Interact, influence and work with leadership teams across Vans to build strong partnerships and collaborate on positive outcomes. Partner with Merchant, Planning and Allocation teams to ensure product and store allocations provides a cohesive strategy and brand experience, to drive sales revenue opportunities.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising to ensure achievement of visual merchandising standards.
- Work with Regional and Country Retail Leadership to develop and evaluate strategies for opening new store expansion and new store formats including optimization plans that respond to regional, and geographical needs.
- Establish a culture of sharing and adopting best practices across assigned markets. Be a Subject Matter Expert concerning Retail Operations. Drive consistency among operations and service across region.
- Partner with VF Asia Organizational Development Team to establish training curriculum for retail teams including but not limited to: Vans Leadership Summit, customer experience, individual development and operational standards.