Director, Supply Base Strategy
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : HONG KONG
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Define strategic direction for Sourcing Supply Base to maximize capability and capacity.
- Understand brand requirements, Global Operations (GOPS) and Global Sourcing strategies and priorities to develop the Sourcing Country of Origin strategy.
- Own development of detailed understanding of current countries of origin and potential future source bases based on facts, identify risk and opportunities, and prepare country analysis including Tier 1 / Tier 2 network opportunities. Analyse geopolitical developments and implications on the supply base.
- Develop and update country profiles covering all needs for decision making in all Global Sourcing functions. Uses the internet, industry publications or other media to keep abreast of current events likely to impact the Global Sourcing Supply Base and suggest measures to address future footprint.
- Drive regular updates and reviews with stakeholders in Global Sourcing, including Senior Leadership Team and highlight long term trends impacting the future setup of our supply base, including needs to build capabilities in more preferential source bases and suppliers. Ensure alignment beyond Global Sourcing with stakeholders in SCM (Global Logistics network fit) and Product Operations (Product capabilities).
- Drive and support key strategic initiatives in Global Sourcing with Country of Origin expertise, analytical and project management skills
- Support on decision making to allow or deny local sourcing requests by markets, based on facts. Analyse potential to expand Global Sourcing country of origin mix to cater to market specific needs.
- Build and engage network of Government Affairs representatives and local experts in Global Sourcing Liaison Offices to understand relevant developments in existing Supply Base
- Develop and coach team to ensure the best standards of performance, appropriate skill sets and strong succession plans are in place.
- Global Supply Chain Management: Global Logistics, Global Supply Planning
- Product Operations
- Global Government Affairs, Global Social and Environmental Affairs
- adidas Sourcing Limited Finance
- External stakeholders: Research institutions, Trade Chambers (e.g. AHK, EuroCham, AmCham, etc.)
- Global Sourcing suppliers
- Strong knowledge in sporting goods industry
- Strong analytics, problem-solving, project management, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong communication skill to simplify complex information to diverse stakeholders
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong MS Office Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Political Sciences or similar
- Minimum 10 years' experience in sporting goods industry, preferably in manufacturing and/or equivalent in strategic project management