Head of 3d Development (Garment)
Country : USA
Region : Massachusetts
County : Essex County
Town : SAUGUS
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : Less than 2 years
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Australian retailer's sourcing office as their head of 3D development. The company has been one of the most successful and fastest growing businesses in recent years and you will be charged with starting up this exciting new department as the company heads into a new era of digitalization and technology.
As a head of 3D development you will be free to decide to work in Hong Kong, Shanghai or South East Asia, and assist the company transition into a new model. The company expects you to be the pioneer and the principle owner of this technology in terms of implementing each operation step by step into the business. You will work closely with the design team based in Australia whilst reporting into the head of supply chain and technology.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess partner management skills, project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to render apparel product in 3D and have a solid understanding of patternmaking and garment construction. Candidates should have prior experience in 3D rendering, fit, pattern making, size grading, and garment construction with a top tier branded or vertical fashion retailer. The goal is to build this department from top to bottom and hence the right person will need to be hands-on and willing to work independently at the beginning.
Leverage 3D software to create and revise 3D apparel renderings.
· Build 3D block library from existing 2D pattern library to support product development process.
· Develop and maintain a virtual fit protocol and standard.
· Develop, modify, and maintain 3D Avatars to support all soft lines apparel categories.
· Manage and maintain a virtual fabric library.
· Liaise with Design and Brand Management teams to provide support for key meetings and milestones.
· Research and apply emerging 3D technology to the product development process.
· Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor newness.
· Evolve Technical Design strategy, operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness.
· Research and resolve fit, pattern, and grading issues in partnership with the Technical Design team.
· Build audit mechanisms to consistently monitor and check fit, grading, and vendor compliance.
· Collaborate with other members of the supply chain and sourcing team on both ongoing and new products.
· Support the Technical teams in meeting seasonal deliverables and projects.
· Travel to sourcing offices and/or factories to troubleshoot, educate, and build factory capabilities.
* Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Technical Design, Fashion Design, or Patternmaking.
· 5-8 years of 3D Apparel rendering experience.
· 10+ years of Apparel Experience preferably with knowledge of technical design and pattern making
· Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to work in an extremely creative, fast paced team environment.
· Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, time management and problem solving skills.
Interested parties please send your CV to Vincent Chow Vincent.Chow@connectedgroup.com for more information.
For other available opportunities, please visit www.connectedgroup.com