Established in 2015, ORDRE is an online wholesale marketplace for luxury fashion designers.Over 150 women’s, men’s and accessories designer’s online showrooms are using the company’s innovative technologies. This represents an invitation-only global network of 7,746 individual buyers from 2,742 department stores, multi-label boutiques and online retailers in 93 countries.ORDRE’s technologies enable buyers to comprehensively review collections and place wholesale orders online when they can’t always be physically present to touch and feel collections. These technologies are also used to enhance luxury designer’s physical showrooms and facilitate more efficient order taking.
The company was founded by, CEO Simon P Lock, an early pioneer of digital fashion tech, the Founder of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia and, a former SVP of IMG Fashion & Models and his wife, Fashion Director Kirsten Lock, a highly respected international stylist and former Harper's Bazaar Style Director.
ORDRE has offices in Paris, New York, London, Milan and Hong Kong and its global team includes industry leaders in technology and the fashion industry at large.
For more information please visit www.ordre.com
- Be responsible for bookkeeping and other A/P Accounting related duties
- Assist in month-end closing and accounts reconciliation
- Assist to prepare monthly financial statements and budgets
- General accounts/administration work and other ad hoc duties as assigned
- Support accounting principles, practices and procedures for the company and ensuring compliance with statutory authorities
- Address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, payroll, end of year audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Support Finance and General Manager with all accounting related matters and external suppliers as needed
- Assist in the management of staff payroll, MPF and staff expense claims
- Manage the companies third party relationship with external stakeholders, particularly in the lead up to annual audit.
- Assist in the management of end of the month corporate card reconciliation.
- Assist in the management of profit and loss reports and budgeting process.
- Assist with the communications and relationship management with company banking institutions.
- Assist in the management of all company taxation requirements.
- Assist in defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of potential payment issues
- Other general accounting practice matters that may arise.
ORDRE is an online B2B platform presenting luxury ready-to-wear and accessory virtual showrooms to the most prestigious retailers around the world. We are currently seeking a Junior Accountant to support the Finance Manager in the day-to-day management of ORDRE’s financial processes based in our Hong Kong office.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience working in small to medium sized companies.
- Relevant certificate/diploma/degree in Bookkeeping or Accounting desired but not essential. An inquisitive, resilient and willing to learn personality with a non finance background will also be considered.
- Proficient in Excel; Knowledge of Xero (or cloud based accounting software) and experience working with Expensify a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English (Cantonese or Putonghua a bonus but not essential)
- Healthy dose of common sense, great attitude and a sense of humour.