Manager Fabric Development
Country : Area Hong Kong
Region : Kowloon
Town : Hong Kong
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Identify the most appropriate fabrics and suppliers;
- Manage time line execution on fabric developments;
- Responsible for annual review of testing SOP/manuals to ensure continued appropriateness and effectiveness;
- Participate in-season pre-production meeting internally and externally and provide technical solution for improvement when needed;
- Be the key material person in region to resolve all material related issues for garment vendors;
- Resolve and filter borderline performing fabrics, validate fabric RSL compliance (with effective dates), update and verify full fabric specification in NMR/TSA;
- Conduct sense check for all carry over fabrics and manage the "Shelf Life" of core fabrics;
- Other ad hoc projects as required;
- Possesses 8-10 years of relevant experience or above in functional fabrics (both knit and woven) is highly preferred;
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of textile production, fabric construction, functional performance properties, fiber and yarn dyeing, all over printing and panel printing techniques and finishing processes;
- Testing laboratory experience is preferable, i.e. Knowledge of RSL requirements.
- Strong communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
- Good computer skills
- Effective and inspiring leaders;
- Good contacts with suppliers in Turkey, Italy, Europe, the Far East and others.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.