Manager, Product Supply Analytics Product Owner
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Job Definition (Key Purpose of the Job):
You will be a professional with a retail supply chain industry background, proficient in Agile methodology with a good understanding digital technologies including but not limited to Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Science, Analytics, Business intelligence and Data Insights.
Demonstrate deep understanding of customers and digital opportunities to develop the product strategy and product roadmap for the digital platforms of VF with the key business stakeholders, digital players and partners on the market, thru technology and business innovations.
In this role you will be a crucial leader of a Scrum team (matrix organization), contributing to the definition of the product roadmap by constantly liaising with the business stakeholders, managing the product backlog and constantly creating buy-in within the organization.
Key Result Areas:
Product Roadmap and Strategy
- Contribute to the development of the product strategy and product roadmap, aligned to company key strategic pillars, working with the relevant Product Manager
- Research the market, users and competitors to keep aware of relevant industry trends, both regionally and globally.
- Monitor the emergence of new technologies and changing customer behaviors.
- Connect product roadmap to incremental product development and to value realization.Product Design
- Collaborate with other digital product teams and engineering teams or external software providers to design the product that provides best customer experience end to end.
- Work with technology, customer experience and Product Supply teams on design mock ups/prototypes for the product(s) to anticipate visually customer experience.
- Define set of metrics to measure value of the product once made available.Product Development
- Be part of an execution working within an Agile development framework.
- Collaborate within a global team of Product Managers, Product Owners, Project Managers and Technologists to align product roadmaps, delivery schedules, and capabilities.
- Acts as primary contact between technical (software-engineering, architects, testers) and other teams, including Product supply teams, operations, analytics, customer experience, legal, finance.
- Put understanding of business and customers need in validating products/features.Benefits realization and Benefits Performance
- Monitor, with support of business analysts, key product performance indicators (KPIs), as well as release-specific success metrics.
- Partner with business enablement functions to ensure best experience to our customers when using delivered products and features.
- Manage product investment, budget planning, operation cycles to ensure return on investment and serviceability of the product.Product Management and Partnership
- Create buy-in for the product roadmap with his/her direct stakeholders and with his/her Product Manager.
- Communicate to business stakeholders progress and benefit realization, looking at it through business and customers' lenses.
- Engage with partner ecosystem to optimize performance and results.
- Lead change management to enable continuous deliveries and adoption.
- Responsible for setting, prioritizing and evaluating work delivered from outsource partners
- Lead planning of product releases and set expectations for delivery of new features
- Develop risk mitigation and lifecycle management strategies to minimize business disruption and to ensure product serviceability.Product Team Development
- Develop a highly collaborative, autonomous and self-motivated product team (matrix organization) to deliver in a Scrum methodology partnering strategically with Scrum master and other center of excellence such as Architecture, Engineering, QA, Security etc.
- Develop product team members (either direct report or in matrix team) in terms of product leadership, innovation and research capabilities.
- Act as a people leader to listen, develop, coach the individuals' development of their career.Competency Requirements:
Behavioral Competencies -
- Authentic and reliable people leader.
- Affirmative in opinion and decisive in actions.
- Integrity and courageousness - Dare to say "No" for the Company's best interests when needed.
- Empathy - Sensitive and communicative in a multiple stakeholders' situation.
- Open-minded to ideas and inclusive.
- End-to-end mindset.Functional Competencies -
- Business acumen preferably developed as part of a Sourcing / Supply chain business team.
- Excellent communication skills, to be a leader and influencer, able to interact with all levels of organization.
- Strong product management, Scrum, Agile and/or DevOps experiences.
- Strong knowledge of digital platforms across the region and the globe.
- Front end customer experience design skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS, Tableau would be a plus.Experience
- Minimum Working Experience: 7 to 10 years with ideally few years' experience working in Retail / Supply chain
- Minimum Supervisory Experience (team or matrix): 3+ years
- 3 years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis in data science, business intelligence, or other data-driven position. AWS knowledge, SQL, Python skills would be a plus.
- Data-driven, with solid problem framing and analytical skills.
- Nature of Work: Product management, People management, Vendor management, Technology management.Academic Qualifications
- Minimum Degree Held: Degree or above.
- Subject Expert In: Business Administration, Computer Sciences, Information Systems and related disciplines.
- Certifications Required: Certificates or training in Agile Methodology are a plus.Language Proficiency:
- Fluent in: English
- Other Asian language (Cantonese, Mandarin...) is a plusSpecific Working Conditions
Frequency of Travel: N/A
Other Specific Working Conditions: may require non-office hour and on-site support whenever necessary
*If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth