Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Merchandise Manager
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-6MIII30650 - Management III, Sourcing (Contract Manufacturing)
BRAND/ FUNCTION (if applicable): Icebreaker
LOCATION: Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Director Product Supply VFA
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
You will be managing the sourcing team in Hong Kong and vendors relationships, to ensure that the Icebreaker products are developed at the forefront of sustainability and in alignment with the brand design and future vision. You will be co-creating product development and innovation strategies in collaboration with the brand product development team in New Zealand and you will be supporting the Director of Product Supply, in building a multiyear sourcing strategy that will facilitate and power brand growth.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
(but not limited to)
- Leading the sourcing team to establish and develop partnerships with vendors to support brand product development strategies and growth plans.
- Communicating proactively with brand stakeholders, product development and design teams to build and adhere to a product development calendar that enables best in class on time samples, execution and delivery.
- Enhancing and advocating for vendors' capabilities and use of new technologies, to drive innovation of process and product with the goal of reducing waste and increasing efficiency.
- Managing vendor partnerships, ensuring performance that can drive profitability for the brand and sustained shared goals.
- Collaboration with all internal stakeholders across Production, Global Material Supply, Compliance, Responsible Sourcing, Product Stewardship, Finance, Logistics and Quality teams to ensure the alignment on sourcing strategy and brand direction.
- Fostering and role modeling a culture of inclusion, candor and trust.
- Support all associates in the team, to ensure they create and drive their individual development plans - and develop a regular cadence of review.
- Challenge the status quo by adopting a creative and curious style that can drive continuous improvement
- Participate in company-wide initiatives to promote VF purpose activation and to improve VF Asia Product Supply systems and processes. WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Knowledge of the merino wool fiber and of its journey from the farm to the finished product.
- Proven experience in development of knitted and woven woolen apparel and in managing a diverse product collection.
- You will be coaching and developing your team, providing timely constructive feedback enabling them to excel and realize their potential.
- Proven leadership experience in managing multi-cultural teams and ability to influence stakeholders on a global level to advance business goals.
- A basic understanding of paper patterns creation and an understanding of digital product creation will be an advantage.
- Drive and passion to make a difference, presenting a growth mindset that role models positivity and curiosity to your team and peers.
- Executive presence - you will be capable of capturing your audience's attention, being composed and well prepared.
- Ability to lead, facilitate and champion change.
- Good business acumen and understanding of the competitive global business environment, as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization's global strategy.
- Language Proficiency: Excellent English, Cantonese and/ or Mandarin is a plus.WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being part of a business that is Purpose led enabling one to have a positive impact on communities around the world, giving greater meaning to the work that we do.
- You will work with a team of diverse and sharp minds that operate with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- We will provide you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .