Merchandise Planner - (45k)
* Key responsible for ongoing business diagnostics related to retail assortment sales, inventory, and profitability, performances.
* Proactively interface with local and central leadership as necessary to ensure timely dialogue surrounding accurate & insightful analysis to drive business is shared and acted upon.
* Create & maintain weekly recaps highlighting results by location, and by most relevant product groupings; comparing results vs. objectives set by Assortment, Store, and Finance plans.
* Closely partner with local merchant to supplement an ongoing review of store attributes/item lifecycle.
* Analyze end of season markdowns and propose in-season strategies based on analysis by location, ensuring a cohesive flow from one season to the next, with relevant margin variables considered.
* Maintain ongoing communications to gain internal buy-in and support with HQ P&A, serving as liaison to secure/produce adequate inventories, outside of seasonal buy process.
* Work closely with allocation to fine-tune distribution plans for achievement of market inventory turn goals, support of visual strategies, and overall profitability in terms of stock location/movement needs.
* Owner of seasonal assortment planning process, and monthly sales/stock review, to ensure product category performance, owned inventory, receipt flow, and margin goals are maximized.
* Drive monthly discussion, communicating prior month result vs. Forecast and Budget, along with future rolling trend, in partnership with local Finance, Retail, and Merchant Leadership.
* Ongoing re-forecast of "End of Season" Transfers anticipated from Full Price to Outlet and all implied risk/opportunity. Making relevant recommendations for end of season sales/inventory targets by SKU.
Required Education and Experience
1 Five years of experience in related role and retail background.
2 Bachelor's degree required
3 Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SAP, Business Objects.