One of the most reputable US retailers is looking for a Merchandising Director to join their fast expanding business. Working closely with the president and the CEO, you'll be charged with building long and short term business strategies to drive the sales revenue for the successful group.
1 Sales & Business Performance
* To lead the sales and merchandizing activities of the merchandising team towards attainment of divisional objective and sales target
* Develop strategic business plans for product development and production management so as to enhance productivity and competitiveness
* Control budget in a cost-effective manner for maximizing corporate revenue.
* Constantly review, evaluate and reform internal controls, business process and systems to enhance operational effectiveness
* Predict and prepare in advance for any changes which may impact sales volume, expenses, profitability and manpower requirements
1 Business Development
* Identify new business opportunities and develop new business opportunities with customers
* Explore new sourcing districts supplying quality products at lower prices
* Collect information on market trend and competitors' business performance
3. Customer Relationship Management
* Review customer contact activities and to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Create and enhance long term business relationships with customers to maximize business growth and opportunities
4. Vendor Management
* Build and maintain a strong vendor network and strong business relationships
* Evaluate vendors' capability and keep track of vendors' performance.
5. Leadership & Staff Management
* Supervise merchandising staff by setting and monitoring individual goals and performance towards attainment of divisional objectives
* Coach direct reports on the proper management and development of human resources within the division
* Promotes team building and motivates for achievement of business results.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Merchandising or Supply Chain Management.
* Minimum 15 years of experience in merchandising or product management for US market. Must have strong experience and knowledge in high-fashion products and both woven & knitted products
* At least 5 yrs or above in director level or 3 yrs at VP level
* Proven merchandising, product and analytical skills.
* Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the needs of the business in an ever-changing environment
* Exceptional leadership and management skills and the ability to motivate, develop, and inspire a team
* Written and Spoken Chinese & English required
Interested parties please send your CV in word format to Angela Tsui () for more information.
For other available opportunities, please visit www.connectedgroup.com