Microservices Lead Engineer, Asia Pacific
Country : Area Hong Kong
Region : Kowloon
Town : Hong Kong
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Our new platform, Stardust is an exciting modern technology stack that is the engine that powers our Online Commerce, Innovation and Omnichannel initiatives, and delivers our high-touch customer experience across digital touchpoints. This means 500+ E-Commerce & M-Commerce websites globally will rely on code we write and maintain. You will lead a team that builds microservices using Java Spring, TypeScript Node, and AWS API technologies.
This is a developer position which requires a broad and deep level of understanding with specific technologies. As a lead engineer, the team will rely on your expertise to set and help them achieve the standard for their work which must be very high indeed. Duties include solution design, development, code reviews, and troubleshooting. You will ensure team code quality, quickly troubleshoot issues, and estimate and manage technical debt. The role reports regionally to the APAC DigiOps Lead and into the Global Microservices Technical Lead.
What You Will Achieve
- Technology Knowledge & Expertise: Code Review & Feedback to align team on technology solutions & standards, solutions architecture, ultimate responsibility for the code quality of the Repository, having the depth of experience to quickly troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions, understanding and anticipating the real cost of technical debt
- Leader of Teams: ability to push back when needed and to protect the team from external pressure, recognizing the contributions of each team member, delegation, collaborative brainstorming, leading by example
- Collaboration with Other Teams: working with the Product Owner to manage expectations, strong communication with technical leads, understanding the big picture architecture
- Business Acumen: evaluating asks for hidden requirements, raising issues that could affect the business over time, considering user experience in each request
What You Will Need
- Technical background - experienced in engineering principles and design patterns.
- Solution design experience in large scale projects, ideally of an eCommerce nature.
- Expert in Java, NodeJS, Jenkins, GIT, AWS RESTful APIs
- Talent for speaking to non-technical people about technical things
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in either one-on-one interactions or presenting to a roomWhy Join Us
We provide market-competitive packages and trainings to our staff to ensure they are well-rewarded with room to excel in their career:
- Opportunities to learn and lead: we provide on-the-job trainings to ensure employees are equipped with the most up-to-date skillsets and knowledge
- Career Development: we work with you to advance your career through short-term assignments, relocations and new experiences.
- Work-life balance as a priority: we offer benefits and implement policies to help employees balance their personal and professional priorities, including flexible working hours, enhanced parental leave, pension and product discounts.
Job: Online / E-Commerce
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-CN-HK-Yau Tsim Mong
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 206807