Packaging Engineer - (Cosmetic or Luxury Industry)
Country : Area Hong Kong
Region : Kowloon
Town : SAN PO KONG
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 5 to 10 years
Our client is one of the largest EU design company focus on promotion items product & packaging design for different mid to luxury cosmetic and beauty brands, airlines and distributors. They are looking for a Packaging Engineer (open for senior level) to handle the packaging technical and engineering.
* Responsible for packaging in line sourcing & development with Design team and work closely with the Product Development/Purchasing team.
* Responsible for working directly with packaging suppliers to source different innovative packaging or create new molds.
* Responsible for all technical aspects of the pack development (specs, approval of TDs, approval of decors).
* Work closely with Sales person in HQ and make sure to meet the customer's needs (quality, materials, compatibility & artwork, budget).
* Handle price negotiation and collaborate with Operations and Logistics teams on costing to meet client's target margin.
* Responsible for meeting QC requirements in line with the relevant local QC officer.
* Work closely and support the Sales and Design team by sourcing new packaging, bringing new ideas in terms of materials and decors.
* Responsible for the production process of packaging is sustainable.
* Ability to design packaging from a technical point of view (3D modelling) to translate concepts created by design team and marketing team into something concrete.
* Good English communication is a must, candidate who speaks French is an advantage.
* Previous experience in the Beauty / Cosmetics industry or Alcoholic Beverages industry is a must.
* Experience in Promotion items (cosmetic bags, bags, rigid boxes, cosmetic accessories, packaging, home decoration…) packaging engineering.
* Minimum of 3 years of Packaging Engineering experience.
* Experience in packaging development whether for a group/brand or a packaging supplier.
* Extensive knowledge and excellent network in the Beauty packaging industry.
* Excellent understanding of technical drawings