Production Planning Manager
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Production Planning Manager
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-6MIII30650 - Management III, Sourcing (Contract Manufacturing)
BRAND/ FUNCTION (if applicable): Dickies
LOCATION: Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Director Product Supply VFA
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
You will lead the management of the global forecasting consolidation process, ensuring vendor capacities are measured, maximised and continuously developed to support the achievement of the brand's revenue targets and growth expectations.
Creating methods to analyse and reduce the time to market, will be a key activity for this role whilst supporting the Director of Product Supply to highlight areas for improvement.
You will support the Director of Product Supply, to build the sourcing strategy ensuring all planning analysis and business analytics are available to create purposeful decisions.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Include but not limited to
- Meet business KPIs through effective capacity management and monitoring of production status, having the passion to do more than 'just bringing in the numbers'
- Work collectively with the Brand Operation Leaders spanning three regions (NORA, APAC & EMEA) ensuring factory capacity meets forecasted demand, deliveries are met on time, and the team orchestrate and lead communication with key stakeholders.
- Initiate solutions for all production planning issues and coordinate stakeholder engagement to consult and inform on resolutions.
- Collaborate with the apparel development manager to create proposals to improve Product speed to Market.
- Define and maintain Production Planning SOPs and manuals when appropriate
- Lead the production planning team, coaching and supporting to empower decision making and initiation of process improvement. Effectively delegating tasks and workplans ensuring the team are clear on roles and responsibilities.
- Business Analysis will be provided by you, after engaging with managers across VF Asia teams; to support creation of relevant and evolving KPIs. You will be familiar with escalating challenges with solutions to improve working protocols.
- Actively participate in the brand Global Sales and Operations Planning meetings - creating and sharing management information as needed, to influence change and improve process
- Challenge the status quo by adopting creative ideas that will drive improvement in process, to support a customer centric approach
- Collaborate with stakeholders on ad hoc projects such as, new system implementation or company wide initiatives to improve VF Asia processesWHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- You will have proven leadership experience in managing multi-cultural teams and ability to influence others on a global level
- You are able to lead, embrace and champion change
- You will have deep functional understanding of production planning processes, and the impact of this on business outcomes
- You will enjoy engaging teams, stakeholders and remain positive in challenging situations
- You will be proficient at reviewing and acting upon the analytics, and have a passion for numbers
- Language Proficiency: Excellent English, Cantonese and/ or Mandarin is a plusWHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being part of a business that is Purpose led enabling one to have a positive impact on communities around the world, giving greater meaning to the work that we do.
- You will work with a team of diverse and sharp minds that operate with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- We will provide you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .