Regional Finance Manager
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Regional Finance Manager supports the Director, Accounting to provide accounting support, policy guidance, internal control assurance and ensuring the statutory financials are in line with local GAAP requirement. Partnering with Asia Service Center ("ASC") and country controllers in preparing the half yearly balance sheet review with corporate and ensure they are in compliance with USGAAP and VF policies.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Include but not limited to
- Work closely with ASC and country controllers during month end closing. To make sure balances are properly recorded and completed on time according to corporate's submission schedule.
- Assist in reviewing monthly balance sheets schedules of legal entities in Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, HK and other offshore countries. Ensure balances are reconciled, substantiated with supporting documents, in compliance with USGAAP and VF policies.
- Support ad hoc project, implementation of new accounting policy and system enhancement.
- Drive changes in dynamic environment and rollout across APAC countries
- Actively participate in the mid-year and yearend balance sheet reviews with Corporate and prepare explanations by working closely with HP team and country controllers.
- Coordinate with country controllers to ensure the local statutory requirements are met and a detailed 'equity reconciliation' is prepared between the USGAAP books and the local statutory books.
- Work closely with the country controllers to ensure the external statutory audits are completed on time and within the agreed upon scope.
- Liaise with VF internal audit group and Asia SOX group. Facilitate audit/SOX field work and work towards closing all open internal audit points ahead of the agreed deadline.
- Provide recommendations on improving and streamlining accounting processes. Enhance efficiencies by implementing operational best practices across brands and all legal entities.
- Coordinate the accounting booking of loyalty program, royalty income calculation, and lease accounting with ASC and local controllers.
- Coordinate with central reporting team on monthly, quarterly and year end schedules in BPC submission.
- Support local controllership whenever there are people changes.WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Proactive, good team player, agile and open minded
- CPA or University Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience in Big 4 accounting firm is preferable but not a must
- Ability to work across cultures and departments, ability to build relationships.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Good knowledge in Excel, SAP, USGAAP is preferableWHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .