Senior Business Manager, Vans Distributor And Emerging Market
Country : Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Responsible for the development, execution and delivery of the revenue and margin plans for Asia Pacific Distributors in line with company budgets and forecasts. Functionally responsible for Distributors in AP (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) and focus on major key accounts. Introducing best practices, establish, build and implement the Distributors Management Centre of Excellence.
- Manage and strengthen relationships with existing partners to build the Brand whilst maximizing sales and gross margin for the Company.
- Involve in new market development, contract renewals and negotiation to ensure sustainable business growth and profitability.
- Responsible for the planning and analysis of all annual distributor business plans.
- Leading role in maintaining and enforcing contractual compliance of all distributor partners in the Region. Address contractual compliance issues directly with partners and where necessary, elevate them to a higher management level, including the Legal team.
- Travel to the markets to address business issues, identify channel opportunities and assist with all brand building activities.
- Engages and manages effective programs to coach, appraise and train the APD sales and support team.
- Work closely with internal functional teams (Marketing, Merchandising, MP&A, Buying, and Supply Chain) and work with them to reach sales target
- Responsible to drive on-going strategic initiatives for APD, as well as define future initiatives to optimize processes and tools which will support the continued growth of the APD channel.
- Drive multiple cross functional activities focused around driving consistency and operational excellence within APD
- Manage the cultivation, development and maintenance of relationships and partnerships with channel partners/customers, both new and existing
- Responsible for achieving budgeted sales within assigned region or assigned account
- Establish and maintain sales relationships with major accounts/customers
- Implement sales plans for account management team and set sales targets
- Provide guidance, advice, and training for direct reports
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria
- Generally ten years of progressive experience with three years of managerial experience
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills
Knowledge & Application:
- Manager with expert knowledge in a specialized field and broad knowledge of several related disciplines within a function
- Requires broad theoretical knowledge or advanced knowledge of a highly specialized field and their interrelationships
- Directs the application of existing principles and guides development of new policies and ideas
- Understands complex issues and their application
- Problems are unclearly defined and sufficient information may not be available
- Requires conceptual thinking to understand complex issues and their implications
- Solutions may need to be devised based on limited information
- Implementation of solutions often requires a longer term view and take into consideration multiple perspectives and future implications
- Adapts style and uses persuasion in delivering messages
- Issues may be complex and audience perspectives will be divergent* Information is nonroutine in nature
- Develops recommendations to sell ideas or services
- Frequently advises others on complex matters
- Impact is generally limited to the achievement of medium-term goals; may be required to translate strategic plans into operational plans and guide their execution
- Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results
- Focuses team on achieving medium-term goals
- Accountable for meeting short- to medium-term targets which impact the department/discipline
- Provides input into the budgeting process and may be a sub-departmental budget holder
- People management responsibility for pay reviews, performance management, and resource planning
- Accountable for resourcing decisions
- Will typically have no exit decision responsibility for professional employees