Senior Design Manager, Apac
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Position Definition (Key Purpose of the Position) :
As the Senior Design Manager for APAC Apparel & Accessories (M&W), you are responsible for driving the Global creative direction while building APAC relevant apparel & accessories category. You will demonstrate your visionary ability to keep the brand moving forward by providing inspiration, as well as direction, to APAC Design Team. Your passion, experience, product and local consumer knowledge will support and leverage the company's continual quest to innovate and elevate, whilst achieving the company sales and profitability target.
Key Result Areas:
- Drive Global creative direction and apply to the Regional conceptual development of product lines.
- Fully responsible for managing APAC design team in all aspects of entire product design process to include market research, inspiration board creation, designing, and sketching.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with local market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our company growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
- Promote cross functional work to ensure consistency of Brand message is enhanced and protected. (Merchandising, Design; Marketing; Sales)
- Ensure Brand is protected while moving forward.
- Adhere to all calendar dates
(Please refer to VF guiding principles)
Functional Competencies -
- Strong design sense, detail oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and a team player
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience on apparel and accessories product development and merchandising processes
- Proficient in design software programs (including Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Minimum 10 years' experience and a minimum of 5 years team management experience in the Design field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in the Apparel industry, preferably with an apparel brand in Action Sports and/or Lifestyle Industry
- A Bachelor's degree in Design or related field
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Chinese or any Asian Languages will be an advantage
Specific Working Conditions
- Frequency of Travel: as required 20% amount of time.