Senior Developer Fabric Apparel
- Research material trends (Fibres / Prices / Newness) and present market relevant fabric concepts to Design and Product development teams;
- Brief new and existing Fabric Suppliers on the need to present fabrics for selection, with their test results;
- Manage the selection of the most appropriate fabrics and suppliers;
- Manage time line execution on fabric developments;
- Coordination on the availability of Sample Yardage.
- Support maintenance fabric library for new collections, seasonal hangers & approved hangers.
- To approve Test reports for each fabric and issue; Update and verify FULL fabric specification;
- Resolve / filter borderline performing fabrics prior to uploading into the material Buy Ready tool box.
- Validate fabric RSL compliance;
- Manage Fabric developments which especially those requiring a longer time to develop / late or additional requests outside of the development calendar key dates;
- To hold fabric pre-production meetings with Mills / Suppliers on High Risk / Asset / licensee programs. (Risk Basis);
- Execute dual / multiple sourcing across regions of core fabrics, with the objective of replicating identical fabric qualities;
- Coordinate and liaise with all branch offices and support local for local fabric development & production working with branch fabric personnel;
- Other ad-hoc tasks assigned;
- Possesses 8-10 years of relevant experience in functional fabrics (both knit and woven) is highly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of textile production, fabric construction, functional performance properties, fiber and yarn dyeing, all over printing and panel printing techniques and finishing processes.
- Testing laboratory experience is preferable. Knowledge of RSL requirements.
- Strong communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
- Good computer skills
- Excellent team players;
- Good contacts with suppliers in HK, China,Taiwan, Indonesia, Japan, and others.