Senior Fabric Merchandiser
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Senior Fabric Merchandiser
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-5PII20807 - Professional II, Sourcing (Contract Manufacturing)
LOCATION: Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Assistant Fabric Manager
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
As a material sourcing expert to support the business by professional material development and commercialization, flawless execution to drive smooth transition from development to bulk in responding the product calendar.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage the material development to bulk production process for the business, working with key business partners in overseas headquarter and other sourcing team
- Ensure all material development activities (including lab dips, strike offs, salesman samples) are followed strictly to the calendar, working with relevant stakeholders throughout the process
- Provide knowledge and guidance on materials to the business teams
- Solid experience to deal with offshore vendors and proactively to communicate with them for all fabric development follow up, including all required testing
- Proactively work with fabric suppliers and business partner for solution of potential quality issues
- Prepare supplier performance reports to manage business expectations and product delivery
- Collect & manage the details and documents (including sample invoices & GRS certification) for seasonal reports
- Proactive in price negotiation and sourcing of suppliers to meet requirements, conduct cost analysis
- Participate in and help drive process improvements
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- At least 5 years merchandising experience, preferable in textiles/fashion/consumer goods
- Sound knowledge and experience handling fabric materials (woven & knit)
- Able to review product and suggest alternative options for costing and technical purposes
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in English and Cantonese. Mandarin is also an additional preference.
- Strong multitasker that can handle a wide scope on tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and be focused
- Extremely well organized with a keen eye for detail
- Competent in managing relationships with suppliers and internal business partners
- Intermediate-advanced user of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel (pivot, etc)WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .