Senior Fabric Merchandiser
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Senior Fabric Merchandiser
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-5PII20807 - Professional II, Sourcing (Contract Manufacturing)
BRAND/ FUNCTION: Global Material Supply
LOCATION: Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Assistant Fabric Merchandising Manager
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
- Facilitate the material development progress and ensure the bulk production process smooth
- Manage suppliers performance on KPI in delivery and quality
- Support and coordinate with product supply team for all material related issue
- Provide leadership to junior level to develop their working capabilityYOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Include but not limited to
- Support seasonal fabric development with US, EU MD team to monitor the progress on the track of development calendar
- Support sourcing team in seasonal product development with necessary fabric information and take necessary action in order to achieve time frame and fulfill price, quality and delivery requirement.
- Co-ordinate with US material team to plan for and participate development trip in Asia.
- Monitor lab dip approval process, color standard and NPS distribution. Ensure the color approval status not impact to bulk delivery.
- Conduct negotiation in price, lead time and minimum quantity with mills in order to achieve business needs.
- Monitor development and bulk fabric testing status to ensure quality standard is being fulfilled. Deal with mills in case of any failure in testing and make necessary alert to the sourcing team.
- Conduct fabric prebuild by getting sourcing team to provide necessary information. Communicate with mills to ensure latest forecast is provided with mills for greige preparation and production capacity planning. Follow up on greige goods availability and work closely with sourcing team to ensure our buy requirement is fulfilled.
- Conduct Material delivery KPI, building metrics to ensure a timely fabric delivery from fabric mills.
- Conduct Material Quality Recap, establish quality solution guide to standardize the process flow
- Supports the timely resolution of technical /quality issues according to brand standards. Coordinate with Product and QA team to make appropriate actions
- Support to junior level on manage overall work tasks. Provide assistance and guidance in getting works done.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration within the team.
- Support to manager by conducting team projects at individual or group functions. WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Textile background, familiarize with functional fabric will be advantage.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Proficient in Excel
- Willing to travel within Asia countries when requiredWHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .