Senior Manager, Regional Projects
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE: Senior Manager, Regional Projects
BRAND/ FUNCTION: Facility Management
LOCATION: Hong Kong (Flexible across Asia)
REPORTING TO: Director, Office & Facilities Management - Asia Pacific
This role is responsible for the management of VF's office renovation projects, facilities and facilities management functions in various Asia offices.
The aim of this role is to support the Office & Facilities Management Director to deliver effective and efficient range of project management and facilities management services in a positive and customer-oriented manner.
The scope of corporate real estate & facilities includes any activities or needs in regards to the office premises, renovation, furniture, equipment and to ensure a high quality, comfortable, safe and efficient working environment for all staff.
This role will also, under the supervision of Office & Facilities Management Director, manage office lease contracts, third-party facility services providers and provision of facilities management supports to other offices.
- Ensure Office space requirements are met throughout Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, China - Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou; Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Bangalore and Bangladesh).
- Proactively identify changing needs/requirements of the Business by Market/Location and provide recommendations.
- Project Management- ensure Office/Showroom projects are delivered on-time, to specification and within Budget. Manage all aspects of safety, occupational health, sustainability, quality, progress and budget requirements for each project. Supervise 3rd Party consultants and contractors to deliver the project successfully.
- Work Expense Authorization (WEA) preparation for real estate projects- relocations, renewals, and renovations. Work with other supporting functions on budgeting and planning for real estate investments and improvements.
- Implement a procedure to achieve better planning, coordination and execution of the real estate projects.
- Ensure the all project close-out activities are completed and properly transferred the knowledge to local Facilities Management team.
- Assist the Office & Facilities Management Director to set up regional Guidelines and Standard Operation Procedures related to different aspects of Project management and Facilities Management.
- Review periodically the Asia Pacific Real Estate summary/status- identifying lease contract break dates, contract end dates, and recommend course of action.
- Facilities Management- provide guidance and give supports to the Facilities Management Teams in HK, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Taiwan.
- Assist the Office & Facilities Management Director to gather feedbacks from business partners and other stakeholders and recommend course of action.
- Support Office & Facilities Management Director on other ad hoc projects or assignments when necessary.*Relationships
Internal: VP Direct to Consumer, CFO, Regional & Country Controllers, GMs & Sales Directors, Sales Country Manager, Legal Department, Central and Local Office Services, Central and Local GBT, Human Resources
External: landlords, outside professionals such real estate agencies, architects, engineers, environmental consultants, facilities/service providers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position:
- The ideal candidate shall have extensive experience and proven credentials in corporate real estate and facilities management & administration.
- The candidate must have thorough knowledge of market planning and advanced negotiation strategy and techniques. He/ she will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and influence business partners at all levels.
- Extensive regional experience would be desirable with a key focus on China/Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan and South East Asia markets.
- The ability to think conceptually and strategically regarding business challenges combined with a bias for action and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to recognise opportunities to collaborate and integrate where possible to minimise costs and maximise relationships.
- Strong evidence of Real Estate Return of Investment focus. Experience in financial planning and analysis preferred.
- Education: University Degree or a Masters' degree in Surveying, Construction Project Management and Facilities Management related background
- Experience: A minimum of 15 years' experience in corporate real estate andfacilities management & administration, with cross-country exposure
- Language skills: Fluent English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skillsExpert in the use of Excel
- Other: Strong written and verbal communication skillsAttention to details
Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
High knowledge of core processing
Strong ability of problem solving
Willing to travel