Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Senior Merchandiser - Apparels
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL:
BRAND/ FUNCTION (if applicable): Dickies / Product Supply
LOCATION: Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Senior Merchandise Manager - Product Supply VFA
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
To drive the EMEA product development by working closely with brand's PD, TD and Regional Offices to strategically source the products with the right cost from capable factories by aligning with sourcing strategy and able to monitor the sourcing activities to achieve all development key milestone.
To support team manager and continuously working on shorten GTM / speed focus by identifying the opportunities and implementing the key initiatives to achieve business goals.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
But not limited to
- To effectively source and develop products by executing the sourcing strategy: able to source considering factories capabilities to secure, best price and value driver for the customer
- To drive development key activities and continuously optimizing GMT while delivering on time development: from prototype to salesman sample delivery, costing submission, fitting...etc.
- To identify commercialization barriers: by working with factories, TD, PD and designers to provide different options to meet product expectations with a customer centric approach.
- To assist development lead to drive the digital transformation: by identifying opportunity and acting as a bridge to support factories and DPC team to use digital development to replace physical samples with speed, cost conscious and sustainability mindset.
- To drive and focus on sourcing products on "Speed" model: by providing options/identifying opportunities on where/ how to source to achieve the fastest lead time.
- To drive profit maximization: by working strategically with GMS team on material costs and factory costs (CM, Wash, material consumption) on product execution with gmt vendors.
- To support on vendor / factories management: Assisting Sourcing manager to support factories achieving CSR and RS requirements
- To be responsible on providing analytical reports and support filling up data / reporting
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- You are persevered and open to work collaboratively with different stakeholders and always would like to drive by meeting beyond the set goals.
- You are courageous to take initiatives and opportunities to make things better by openly share comments/solution to address issues that improve upon the status quo
- You are flexible, highly agile and can quickly adapted on keep changing challenging environment
- You will have proven to have strong communication skills and Stakeholder Management by building up relationships with multi-teams.
- Language Proficiency: Excellent English, Cantonese and/ or Mandarin is a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .