Senior Merchandising Manager
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): SENIOR MERCHANDISING MANAGER
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-7MIV
BRAND/ FUNCTION (if applicable): VANS, MERCHANDISE PLANNING
LOCATION: HONG KONG
REPORTING TO: (business title of the hiring mgr.) CLIFFORD YEE, DIRECTOR APPAREL MERCHANDISING
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
As the Senior Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for owning and championing the APAC MENS, WOMENS, KIDS Apparel and Accessories business assortment, through a strong strategic direction. You will drive our business assortment through brief management, sales/margin accountability, and adhering to internal calendars to create pricing strategies to meet our financial target. We are inspired by an individual who can lead a cross-functional team with confidence and guide the concept and assortment strategy in your respective categories.
The Senior Merchandising Manager will work closely with cross functional departments during the product development & GTM process. These areas include but are not limited to Design, Product Development, Footwear counterparts, DTC, Marketing, Wholesale and Planning. Among this role, you will participate in seasonal product line reviews, owning/presenting your respective categories.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Include but not limited to
- Business Scope: APAC MENS, WOMENS, and KIDS Apparel & Accessories
- Function: Merchandise Planning
- Develop total APAC Apparel & Accessories merchandising strategy based on target consumer needs. Identify product and category opportunities based on market trends and consumer insights. And Incorporate into global product strategies, strive for global consistency and local relevancy.
- Gather financials, competitor insights, line plans, and DTC & wholesales market needs each season in order to develop a regional merchandising brief in order to ensure APAC needs are integrated into global line.
- Communicate Seasonal brief to Global and be the main window person to Global
- Actively research the competition and trend insights, while recommending pricing strategies and marketing standpoints to keep the brand ahead of its competitors
- Closely analyze SKU plan seasonally. Review historical performance identifying redundancies in APAC MENS, WOMENS and KIDS Apparel & Accessories, proposing required changes to positively impact business in order to meet financial targets.
- Partner with regional product creation team for the regional product line creation.
- Work closely with marketing on programs to support product initiatives. Ensure that all product relevant marketing activities are executed in line with product priorities and calendar deadlines
- Adhere to the development and GTM calendar process to effectively prepare for key milestones.
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership when collaborating with team members to achieve a common objective.
- Share your vision in a clear manner when presenting at product line reviews & GTM process.
- Create an environment where employees are encouraged to perform at their potential and where diversity is respected and encouraged
- Collaborate with functional leadership regarding succession plans and individual / Team development
- Geographic Coverage & Frequency of Travel: as required 20% amount of time
- Team Management: 2 direct reportsWHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+ years. Minimum of 5 years team management experience
- Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in Merchandising, Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of merchandising experience in the apparel industry and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to work in the "Apparel Industry" and an ability to identify and foresee trends.
- Understands and embraces industry, consumer, and culture, on global level and APAC level.
- Has deep understanding on the China market
- Advanced computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office, Excel, Keynote/Power Point and Illustrator.
- Organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Resourceful, hands-on and able to sense urgency.
- Language Proficiency: Fluent in English, added proficiency in Mandarin and Cantonese is preferred.WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .