Senior Portfolio Manager
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Being a critical role in Product Supply (Sourcing), the role is responsible for enterprise wide portfolio management. Leading strategic alignment, planning, coordination, visibility and driving delivery excellence for a broad range of programs & projects.
The primary objective of this leadership role is to establish and lead the enterprise PMO. Secondary objective requires agility to flex across several roles including: business integration & divestiture, business strategy deployment, major project & program management, coaching & community development.
This new capability is part of a multiyear transformation program that we have recently embarked on. The role is an ongoing capability based in Hong Kong that reports into the Director of Business Transformation & Integration.
- Partner with business leaders to understand & align both business & functional strategies
- Drive strategic conversations with senior management to shape and track delivery through programs & projects. Prepare summary reports for program directors & VP’s
- Engage with business project managers to understand status and direct as required
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects. Coordinate cross-project activities
- Facilitate discussions about project sequence and priorities in a way that leads to clear decision and commitment
- Resolve projects’ higher level scope issues
- Leverage personal insight of supply chain (product development, & sourcing principles) to challenge both the business & project managers
- Establish enterprise level tools (e.g. cloud based solutions) to streamline the PMO into a world class capability
- Provide reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership, apply change & resource management; celebrate success.
- Obtain excellent understanding of projects benefits and develop budgets. Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Lead and evaluate project managers, other staff & vendors.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise program & project teams.
- Responsible for specific project & programs allocated to this role, manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Drive and define the data & digital supply chain journey with an understanding of core processes & reporting
- Evaluate and manage suppliers (e.g. ‘professional services’, digital supply chain vendors,) to ensure delivery and maximize impactOrganization & People:
- Build and develop the wider matrix project management team which is full of passion & energy, creative, competent, professional and efficient;
- Provide leadership and coaching/mentoring to staff, setting goals and provide regular feedback and guidance to increase both individual and project team productivity;Experience
- Minimum Relevant Experience: 12 years with relevant experience in portfolio, program and program leadership roles.
- Experience in sourcing and supply chain management working for reputable, fashion, retail or consumer-facing multinational organizations.
- Ideally with both consulting & industry background.
- Minimum Supervisory Experience: 5 years with supervisory experienceNature of Work:
- Curious, creative and analytical in the way you solve supply chain business problems and keep the end goal in mind.
- Experience in successfully leading projects to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Influence and gain buy-in at all levels in the organization; from executive’s sponsors, team members, stakeholders, peers & suppliers
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to analyzes quantitative and qualitative data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Details orientated and highly organized. Exceptionally astute in picking up and responding to unexpected situations and staying on top of matters.
- Sound financial and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively with a diversity of cultures and working styles.
- Results oriented, highly motivated, hands-on leader who recognizes the value in moving quickly to affect positive change and contribution.
- Balanced leadership style that allows for both hand-on and strategic leadership skills, with the ability to lead by example.
- Ability to work well in a complex multi-tasking environment with aggressive time constraints.
- Maintain grace and confidence under pressure.
- Inspire people to pursue a common vision.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.Academic Qualifications
- Minimum Degree Held: Degree holder ideally in Supply Chain / Business, MBA is a plus, Masters is a plus
- Subject Expert In: Portfolio, Program & Project Management
- Certifications Required: Project management certification (PMI, Prince, other)Competencies:
- Learning agility
- Broad stakeholder management
- Operate in a dynamic business environment
- Influence skills
- Business acumen
- Compelling Communication
- Strategic thinking
- Leading change
- Driving execution
- CollaborationCompetencies Functional
- Portfolio Management
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Footwear, apparel & accessories
- Supply chain management
- IT Development life cycle