Senior Team Head Development Accessories
Country : Area Hong Kong
Region : Kowloon
Town : Hong Kong
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Manage and lead the Product Development/Sourcing function, developing products that supports PUMA's strategic direction and commercial targets in the Accessory division.
- Ensure continuous product and process improvement with emphasis on product quality and price.
- Continuously striving to achieve highest level of efficiency in areas such as product development, sampling, costing, operations.
- Responsible for the 'total' development process within Accessories from initial design stages through to 'product sealing 'stage and timely handover for bulk commercialization.
- Completion of product development activities in accordance with the seasonal calendar.
- Build and maintain a close relationship with Design, Product Management, Materials Development and Supply, Quality, Logistics and Sourcing Organization.
- Act as a strong advocate for product integrity by working closely with functional leaders to uphold quality standards and maintain competitive advantages.
- Ensure organizational efficiency through effective motivation, delegation, and proper coaching/ development of staff members in multiple countries. This included objective setting, assessments, training, development.
- Monitor and continuously improves workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT-systems, data, and analysis.
- Allocate/delegate the different products/projects to the respective development teams in considering experience, product complexity and workload.
- Main price negotiator during supplier price meetings to ensure PUMA's margin targets are met.
- Take a leading role in supplier allocation of all development projects based on service and product needs.
- Maintain a suitable and efficient supplier base by continuous evaluation of supplier's capabilities and capacities. Introduce new suppliers where needed.
- Manage budgets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Degree holder.
- 8-10 years of working experiences in sourcing or product development position is preferred.
- An experienced, dynamic and self-driven person.
- Strong people management skills and is experienced in leading teams.
- Able to work under pressure and embrace challenges within a multi-cultural group.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Possesses strong sports bags, accessories and material supplier knowledge, with industry exposure to product development, costing and sourcing.
- Ability to assess production and R&D capabilities of suppliers.
- Computer skill - proficient in MS Office e.g., PowerPoint, Excel.
- Good communication skills in English. Mandarin is a plus.