Senior Visual Merchandising Manager
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, etc. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.
BUSINESS TITLE (JOB POSTING TITLE): Senior Visual Merchandising Manager, VANS APAC
JOB PROFILE/GJF LEVEL: JP-7MIV30447 - Management IV, Visual Merchandising
BRAND/ FUNCTION: Retail Marketing VANS
LOCATION: Hong Kong
REPORTING TO: Senior Retail Marketing Manager
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
This is a great opportunity for individuals that understand retail and know how visual merchandising can help the business in a systematic and scientific way! How does this work? This person should be detail-minded and have extensive knowledge about how retail works, as well as expertized in VM functions, so that he/she can be able to put all the guidance together for VANS Brick and Mortar stores across all channels (Owned Retail, Wholesale, Multi-brand) for new store concepts roll out in a fast-paced environment. Be a member of VANS team, he /she can always think out of the box and be courageous for test and learn. The individual who fulfils this role will be a part of visual merchandising team working with all functions in Vans Regional and Country organizations.
This person's main role is developing different guidelines to support the roll out of elevated retail store openings. By understanding different store formats in Asia and working closely with Global Team, Project Team & DTC teams, different sets of guidance should be set in order to achieve consistency across APAC, while maintaining VANS execution quality and satisfaction standard. Moreover, he/she also needs to develop the VM training roadmap & curriculum to coach the country VM teams in different display strategies, so as to build a strong platform for best practices sharing & bond the team.
He/she is also a key team member for GTM execution for all B&M stores. By working closely with creative services team and country teams, this person should have the vision to achieve the best presentation for our products in different instore environments with cost in mind.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversee and manage the VM execution calendar for B&M channels by working closely with creative services team and local teams to ensure timely execution for retail, wholesale and Multi-brand stores
- Co-ordinate with Creative team for window and table design, with elevated execution options for BEST doors
- Lead and revamp the VM Ambassador program to provide a consistent VM training structure & curriculum across APAC, as well as update the VM communication tools (store visit checklist and reporting) by working closely with country teams, APAC retail operation & training teams
- Create the training contents with seasonal VM guidelines, also consolidating feedbacks from different stakeholders to further enhance the guideline content and scope
- Develop the seasonal VM display strategy for each product category by initiating new VM ideas and working closely with DTC teams while maintaining our brand DNA
- Manage and update the VM training website with content refresh on a regular basis
- Develop VM guidelines for different store concepts (e.g. Brand Showcase & Boutique) with capacity calculations & elevated VM display strategies & ideas
- Work closely with Project Team on fixture systems and configurations for all new store concepts
- Manage and support the local teams on key store openings with VM timeline & planning
- Co-ordinate with vendors and Project Team for new VM tools development including design, prototyping, costing & usage guidelines
- Lead and manage the communications and workflow of APAC sales meetings with internal stakeholders and VM vendors
- Continue providing VM support to our wholesale business including distributors and key accounts by regular communications and trainingWHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Bachelor BS/BA degree in Visual Merchandising, Design or related disciplines
- Strong project management skill
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Minimum 8 years of experience in fashion industry, street fashion preferred
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, energetic, resourceful and positive
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Professional attitude in a high-stress environment
- Problem solver, ability to work with least supervision
- Good team player
- Strong planning, organizational and implementation skills
- Strong computer skills on iOS platform (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Keynote)WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a movement that is Purpose led which enables us to have a positive impact on communities around the world, it gives greater meaning to the work we do.
- Working with a team of diverse and sharp minds that work with an inclusive and global mindset because our differences are what make us stronger together.
- Providing you with the best in class, work environment, well-being policies and work place flexibility that is about helping you show up and lean into life with your whole self - emotionally, physically and socially. Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
VF is an equal opportunity employer, we're committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor .