System Software Engineer
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Job Definition (Key Purpose of the Job):
The System Software Engineer will be responsible for the technical aspects of projects that are currently being developed by internal team or provided by external vendors in VF. You will primarily participate in the Digital transformation project of VF Supply Chain. Duties will include but are not limited to participating in the Solution Design, Configuration & Validation of the digital platform provided by external vendor. You will also be developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will be working closely with vendors, clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals. A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field is required. You will also need at least five to seven years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field to be successful in this role.
Key Result Areas:
- Acquiring deep technical knowledge of the Digital platform & its configurations implemented by vendor to meet VF requirements. Being able to implement configurations in the future when needed.
- Understanding how the digital platform is integrated into VF applications landscape.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods and software programming initiatives.
- Reviewing and contributing to the solution technical documentation.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Providing guidance and helping to standardize the SDLC process
- Creating innovative, scalable, and maintainable solutions to meet our company's technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs and Shaping the future of VF systems.
- Providing technical design and solutions related to Supply Chain systems.
- Conducting code review and upheld coding standards on work performed by vendors' teams
- Working with the line manager, business user, architects and other partners to design/implement/monitor/change to fulfill business requirements
- Verifying the scope of work provided to you is in line with the estimated delivery timeline, providing accurate status updates, and immediately notify complex technical issues to the team.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation with technical specification and unit testing strategy
- Leading and organizing SIT, UAT and data migration, cutover and rollout with business team, vendor and other teams
- Working with Product owners and scrum masters to conduct Agile Methodology for Digital Production CI/CD Competency Requirements:
Behavioral Competencies -
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communication
- Self-organized, able to see the big picture, break complexity and manage inter-dependencies
- Focused on delivering results
- positive can-do attitudeFunctional Competencies -
- Knowledge in digital supply chain systems.
- Hands-on programming experience with object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Essential product management, Scrum, Agile and/or DevOps experiences.
- Ability to multi-task, be a strong team player, and have strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- Ability to perform code review and technical design review.Experience
- Minimum 5 years Information Technical related working experience in well-known international company of Retail/Supply Chain industry or well-known system integration company
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in system integration, especially API part
- Experience in MuleSoft API Development and Implementation is an advantage
- Experience in API development an advantage