vp, Product, Vans Apac
Country : Area Hong Kong
Town : 香港
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Build, lead and manage Vans Footwear/Equipment and Apparel/Accessories APAC Product Team.
- Drive the APAC business by creating product category strategies on a seasonal basis to support the global product vision and strategies laid out by the global team.
- Lead product briefs on a seasonal basis, and clearly communicate regional priorities to Global Product teams.
- Build seasonal Style/SKU count to meet financial plans.
- Partner and strategize with DTC and Wholesale Sales Directors and/or Country leaders to identify opportunities to leverage sales growth through a comprehensive offering of all product categories.
- Ensure Go To Market (GTM) integration between Product, Marketing, and DTC/Sales teams as well as coordinate product strategy planning with APAC Marketing Directors so all business partners are aligned.
- Understand and analyze APAC market trends, shifts, drivers, and downturns, and provide feedback to Product, Sales and Marketing teams to continuously improve product plans and GTM tools.
- Ensure revenue and margin targets met, through consistent and market-right price architecture
- Represent the APAC region in all product meetings, from margin reviews to product briefings to market trips and line reviews
- Communicate with Regional Product Directors in EMEA and NORA to share best practices
- Lead effective working practices across the region, with the remote product teams in China and South Korea, to effectively drive product strategies and solicit feedback from the teams in market at key milestones
- Sub Job Family Description: Oversee the performance for a Brand.___* This is the top position at a brand responsible for identifying and strategizing plans to achieve long-term goals and objectives * Recommend action to be taken including major capital expenditures* Typically responsible for leading a team of professionals including managers
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred *Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria* Generally ten to twelve years of progressive experience with five years of managerial experience* Strong organization and communication skills* Proficient PC skills
Knowledge & Application:
- Function manager with broad extensive knowledge of the theories and practices within a functional area and its interrelationship with other functional areas* Directs the application of existing principles and guides development of new policies and ideas across the functional area* Substantial expertise in practical issues of the disciplines to lead, integrate and direct work* Advanced knowledge of a highly specialized field and some knowledge across related fields* Leads the development of new functional policies
- Problems are unclearly defined and sufficient information may not be available. Occasionally, issues are complex where fundamental principles do not clearly apply or where data appears to conflict* Solutions need to be devised based on limited information requiring judgment to apply new solutions and concepts* Implementation of solutions often requires a longer term view* Solutions must take into consideration multiple perspectives and future implications* In most instances require judgment to devise and apply new concepts and solutions
- Required to manage issues across significantly divergent audiences, often external as well as internal* Reconciles multiple stakeholder views, requiring awareness, respect, and the ability to reconcile cultural differences* Develops communications strategies and has significant persuasion skills* Resolves conflicts and manages divergent audience perspectives
- Translates business segment strategy into functional plans and guides their execution* Impact is on medium- to long-term functional goals* Has significant impact on the financial results of the business segment* May directly impact the results of several functional areas
- Accountable for results which impact the entire business segment* Functional budget holder* Responsible for resource planning* Accountable for financial impact will be broad and have a far-reaching impact on the business segment* Full people management accountability* Responsible for the development of a team of professional managers and experienced individual contributors* Provides input into succession planning process